Water Efficiency Rebate Program
The City of Ramsey is excited to announce a water efficiency rebate program for both residential and commercial property owners that complete certain water conservation improvement projects. This opportunity was made possible by a $28,000 grant from the Metropolitan Council, through funding from the Clean Water Land and Legacy Amendment.
The goal of the water efficiency grant program is to improve water conservation by reducing demand on the municipal water system. As a result of this grant funding, the City of Ramsey is offering rebates to residents and businesses that replace existing devices with US EPA WaterSense® labeled products purchased between May 1, 2020 and June 30, 2022 (or until the grant funds are exhausted, whichever comes first). An overview of the Metropolitan Council’s grant program can be found here.
Rebate Program & Eligibility
This rebate program is available to any property owner that is a customer of the City of Ramsey’s municipal water supply system. Rebates are available on a first come first served basis for the replacement of less efficient toilets and irrigation controllers with US EPA WaterSense® labeled devices. Rebate is for the cost of the device only and excludes sales tax and any installation/labor costs. New construction and new development are ineligible. Rebate categories and amounts are as follows:
- Toilets - Rebate up to $200 or the cost of a new US EPA WaterSense® labeled toilet (excluding sales tax and labor/installation costs).
- Smart Irrigation Controllers - Rebate up to $200 or the cost of a new US EPA WaterSense® labeled smart controller (excluding sales tax and labor/installation costs).
Access lists of WaterSense labeled toilets and irrigation controllers.
- Must be an existing City of Ramsey water supply system customer with a non-delinquent account.
- Rebate for qualifying US EPA WaterSense® labeled toilets and/or smart irrigation controllers installed in a Ramsey residence or business served by the municipal water supply system.
- Device must have been purchased on or after May 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022.
- New WaterSense® labeled device must be replacing an existing, less efficient toilet and/or irrigation controller (new construction and/or development is not eligible).
- Rebates are processed on a first come first served basis until funds run out or June 30, 2022, whichever occurs first.
Applying for a Rebate
Reminder that rebate funds are limited and requests will be processed on a first come first served basis until the grant funds are gone or June 30, 2022, whichever comes first. Rebates are not guaranteed and it is the customer’s responsibility to verify if funds are still available or not. A copy of the receipt for a qualifying device, as well as a photo of the old device that will be replaced, must be provided with the rebate request form. Rebate request form, and all supplemental information must be submitted to the City of Ramsey no later June 30, 2022, assuming grant funds are still available.
Rebate request forms and required receipts can be submitted by emailing Marsha Weidner or mailing the form to the address below:
City of Ramsey
Attn: Water Rebate Program
7550 Sunwood Drive NW
Ramsey, MN 55303