Code Violations

The city of Ramsey has put in place certain ordinances to take all reasonable measures to prevent activities that maintain or permit a condition that unreasonably annoys, injures or endangers the health, morals, decency, safety or public peace and affect the comfortable enjoyment of life or property for our citizens.

Report a Violation

After carefully reviewing the descriptions and ordinances below, if you feel there is a violation occurring within the city, please contact the City's Code Enforcement Officer with non-animal complaints. If the complaint involves an animal, please contact Police Dispatch.


  • Accumulation of garbage (not in a closed container)
  • Appliances, plumbing fixtures, furniture, equipment, scrap wood, unused construction materials, stockpiles of rocks or dirt, or any other items that could not be put to use in the manner they were intended
  • Exposed decaying food/vegetable matter
  • Ordinances: Public Nuisance 30-3(1) and 3(6)

Long Grass / Weeds

  • Excludes acceptable prairie restoration plants
  • Growth exceeding eight (8) inches
  • Ordinances: Public Nuisance 30-3(10)


  • Outdoor or outside storage of abandoned or inoperable vehicles
  • Parking on landscape
  • Salvage vehicles, parts or machinery
  • Ordinances: Public Nuisance 30-3(27) and Off-Street Parking and Outdoor Storage 117-355


  • Animal carcasses
  • Diseased animals running at large
  • Farm Animals without adequate acreage
  • Manure, refuse or debris (if stable or barn area, must be removed every 2 weeks)
  • Ordinances: Keeping of Animals 10-1, Public Nuisance 30-3(2-4)

State Statute

MN State Statute 13.44 Subd. 1: Real property; complaint data. The identities of individuals who register complaints with state agencies or political subdivisions concerning violations of state laws or local ordinances concerning the use of real property are classified as confidential data.