Ramsey Police Department Citizen’s Academy
- Academy Dates: April 6 to May 18, 2021
- Day/Time: Tuesdays, 6 to 9:30 p.m.
- Application Deadline:
The Ramsey Police Citizen’s Academy is an intensive and interactive hands on seven-week course. Each evening class lasts approximately three and a half hours. The goal of the academy is to develop positive police/community relationships and expose participants to information and experiences that demonstrate our police operations.
Developing Partnerships & Relationships
We hope to develop partnerships with participants that will strengthen police / community relationships. This academy is an opportunity to increase communication and ongoing information sharing with participants, and reduce misunderstandings regarding police operations. We encourage participants to share their ideas on how to control and prevent crime in the community. In return, we hope participants will use their experiences in the academy to educate others.
Our officers are looking forward to working with and getting to know citizens outside of their normal law enforcement work environment. If you are willing to make a commitment and become an involved citizen, we encourage you to accept this invitation to apply to attend the Ramsey Police Citizen's Academy. We would love to have you help make Ramsey a better place in which to live and work. For more information and questions contact Officer Cory Gardner by email or at 763.433.9891.
- “I had a wonderful experience being educated in many different areas by many resourceful members of the Ramsey Police Department during the Citizen’s Academy. It was such a wonderful learning opportunity, which I will recommend to everyone I know. The time commitment was well worth it. I would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to all those who put time into making the Citizen’s Academy possible and who dedicated time to educating myself and my 11 other classmates. I truly feel like my opinion mattered.” -Kari Thompson (Citizen’s Academy graduate 2016)
- “It was an amazing experience. The time and effort put in by all involved was very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to focus on us and help us understand more.” –Rebecca Weil (Citizen’s Academy graduate 2016)
- “It was an amazing six weeks. So many officers went out of their way to provide us with an incredible learning experience. We were given the opportunity to hear experts in different aspects of law enforcement, participated in shooting simulation, went to driving school and even went on a ride along with an officer.” –Debra Burns (Citizen’s Academy graduate 2016)