The City is monitoring this rapidly-changing situation and adjusting its policies according to the recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). The health and safety of the public is our number one priority and we have to come together as a community to ensure the health and safety of Ramsey.
Beginning March 1, 2021, the City has opened up its large conference room and park facilities for rental to the public, with the condition that all applicable safety precautions and procedures will be met. These facilities include the Alexander Ramsey Room at City hall, the Central Park Building, and the Elmcrest Park Building. Occupancy is limited to a maximum of 25 percent of normal occupancy. Finally, the Anoka County License Center located at the Ramsey Municipal Center will be closed until further notice (at least through March) due to Anoka County’s inability to staff all of its license centers.
Impacts on City Services
- Administration: No change, the department is performing normal duties.
- Community Development: Inspections will continue as normal. See our Economic Development website for more information regarding the effects on businesses in the community.
- Engineering: Technical staff will continue fieldwork, including inspections necessary, to support essential construction projects.
- Fire: No change in emergency response. The inspection and fire permitting processes have returned to normal.
- Parks: Park reservations can now be made, to book a reservation, visit our reservation page. The Central Park Building and the Elmcrest Park Building occupancy is limited to a maximum of 25 percent of normal occupancy.
- Police: The Ramsey Police Department is fully staffed and responding to all calls for service as before. If you have an emergency call 911. For non-emergencies call dispatch at 763-427-1212 (to reach an officer). You can contact our Police Department’s administrative office at 763-427-6812 or via email.
- Public Works: No change, the department is performing normal duties.
Emergency services continue to operate as normal. As always, in the event of an emergency, please dial 911.
The Ramsey Municipal Center, police lobby, and Fire Station No. 1 are open to the public with certain restrictions, consistent with the Governor’s guidelines. The Anoka County License Center located at the Ramsey Municipal Center will be closed until further notice (at least through March) due to Anoka County’s inability to staff all of its license centers.
City hall room rental is only available through the Alexander Ramsey Room; occupancy is limited to 25 people or less. All applicable safety precautions and procedures must be practiced including social distancing and wearing of proper PPE.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
The following changes have been made to meetings and events in an effort to encourage social distancing:
- Ramsey Parks and Recreation is slowly phasing in outdoor recreation programs and resources for DIY activities. Please visit our Parks and Rec page for current opportunities.
- The City Council has resumed in-person meetings, limited in-person attendance per social distancing guidance will be provided. Meetings can join remotely in accordance with Minnesota Statute 13D.021.