The City of Ramsey is home to two outdoor public skating rinks and warming houses. Central Park has two hockey rinks, one pleasure rink, and a warming house with fire place. Ramsey Elementary has two hockey rinks and a warming house. Skate walkers are available for public use.
Rinks will be closed if:
- Temperatures are unseasonably warm and the rinks have not been able to be flooded.
- Temperatures are 10 degrees below zero (actual temperature, not wind chill) or more and expected to remain that way.
- Attendant may close if weather conditions are, and are expected to remain, extreme.
- Very cold temperatures with excessively cold wind chills. (Generally a closure in this example would be later in the evening or possibly a weekday night - not mornings where conditions are likely to improve or the warming house may be expected to be used more as during Christmas vacation or on weekends.)
- Temperatures well above freezing. (Generally a closure in this example would occur when there is water standing over half the rink and temperatures are not expected to drop.
The Parks Supervisor will determine if rinks are to be closed.
Mondays - Fridays, 3:30 - 9:00 pm (10:00 pm if needed)
Saturdays, 10:00 am - 9:00/10:00 pm
Sundays, 12:00 - 8:00 pm
Winter Break and Holiday Hours
Mondays - Saturdays, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm (10:00 pm if needed)
Sundays, 12:00 - 8:00 pm
Christmas Eve, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Closed Christmas Day
New Year's Day, 12:00 - 8:00 pm
Rink reservations must be done in person on-site with the warming house attendant.
Only the west hockey rink (at both Central and Ramsey Elementary) may be reserved by groups or individuals to exclude the general public. The west rink may not be scheduled more than three events in advance and there is a two-hour maximum time limit. The rink attendant will assist with scheduling to help ensure equitable distribution of ice times.
In the event of a scheduling conflict, the rink attendant will record both parties’ names, addresses, and telephone numbers (both home and work). This information will be forwarded to the Parks/Utilities Supervisor or Lead Person who will contact the individuals the first available business day to resolve the scheduling conflict.
A calendar will be posted in the warming houses for scheduling only. In no case will the east hockey rink or the pleasure rink be reserved to exclude the general public.
Please remember your primary job is to insure the safety of everyone on the premises, in addition to enforcing the rules and policies.