The mission of Ramsey's economic development efforts is to support our local businesses, grow the city's tax base, foster job creation, and improve the overall quality of life for Ramsey residents. The City has placed an emphasis on encouraging economic development within the City Council's Strategic Plan, the Ramsey EDA's work plan, and the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Current Commercial Projects
Numerous commercial projects are currently taking place or have been completed in the City:
- Oppidan Inc is adding three new buildings to Bunker Lake Industrial Park: 111,300 SF and two 147,000 SF facilities (total of 405,000 SF). Construction of Buildings 1 and 2 are under way with Building 3 slated for 2023. The project is anticipated to create at least 300 new jobs.
- G-Will Liquors construction is underway for a new 12,000 SF building on 3 acres north of Bill's Superette off Alpine Dr & Hwy 47. Site plan details can be found here.
- Northstar Marketplace Plans have been approved and site work has begun for a 7,200 SF multi-tenant building at 7912 Sunwood Dr NW. The proposed uses are retail and restaurant with a drive thru along the west side of the building. Location is north of Coborn's grocery store.
- PACT Charter School has received conditional approval to construct a 6-12 campus including athletic fields. The project is east of Central Park on 161st Ave. Construction is expected to begin fall of 2022 with a desired completion date for the 2023-2024 school year. In addition to the school project, 161st Ave will be reconstructed to include a trail.
Recently Completed Projects
- Anderson Dahlen - the 65,000 SF expansion is complete on the north side of Sunwood Dr just east of Ramsey Blvd. The 45-ft tall facility will accommodate current growth for the company with space for an additional 50,000 SF. The project is anticipated to create at least 40 new jobs.
- PSD, LLC has completed work on their fourth building (67,000 SF) in the Bunker Lake Industrial Park (BLIP) this spring. Integrity Tool & Engineering, Inc has signed on to lease 37,500 SF of the building.
- Delta ModTech moved into their new 230,000 sq foot manufacturing facility in August 2020 in Bunker Lake Industrial Park
- Suite Living Senior Living & Memory Care opened in a brand new 32 unit facility in 2021
- Sapphire Apartments completed a 118 unit building in December 2020
- Ramsey Storage Center opened a 125,000 SF climate-controlled storage facility on the corner of Bunker Lake and Ramsey Blvds in 2020.
- West Armstrong Retail is a 15,000 SF multi-tenant retail building at the intersection of Sunwood Dr and Armstrong Blvd that was completed in 2020. Big Adventures Academy opened in October 2021 as the first tenant.
The City of Ramsey has experienced strong and steady development over the past 20 years. This trend is expected to continue - Ramsey is the second fastest growing city in Anoka County with well over 1,000 acres of developable greenfield land located near the U.S. Highway 10/Armstrong Interchange.
Ramsey boasts two unique developments: (1) The COR is the city's downtown development. This 300 plus+ acre development is a true, transit-orientated, mixed-use, walkable, urban development; and (2) the cities of Ramsey and Anoka also share a 1,000 acre business park, which is home to several Fortune 500 operations, and has created about 15,000 jobs.
View additional development updates.