- View the results of the Councilmember At-Large Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the 2018 General Election.
Vacancy on City Council – Ward 3 Seat
Melody Shryock, Councilmember of Ward 3, resigned from the City Council effective May 1, 2019. This created a vacancy in the Ward 3 Council position. The City's Charter directs how vacancies on the City Council are filled. If there are 365 days or more left in the term of the vacated office, a special election is required to fill that vacancy. In this case, Ms. Shryock's term ends January 2, 2023; therefore, a special election is necessary. Two candidates filed for this seat, so only a General election will be required. The General election will take place on November 5, 2019.
City Councilmember Ward 3 (special election, term ending in 2023)
Eligibility to Hold Office
Candidates for public office must:
- be an eligible voter
- have no other affidavit on file as a candidate for any office in the same election
- be 21 years of age or more by time of assuming office
- have maintained residency in the City for 30 days before the election
Absentee voting (in person or by mail) for the Councilmember-At-Large General Election will begin on Friday, June 28, 2019.
Number of Households Per Ward
Campaign Finance Reporting
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 211A.02, Subd. 6, Campaign Finance Reports will be posted within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the report and will remain available for four (4) years after the posting date.