State Primary - August 11, 2020
General Election - November 3, 2020
The following Ramsey City Council seats will be voted on in the 2020 Election:
- Councilmember At-Large
- Councilmember Ward 2
- Councilmember Ward 4
The candidate filing period opens at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 19. The filing fee is $5. To ensure health and safety guidelines are met in light of the pandemic, please email Colleen Lasher or call at 763-433-9867 to arrange an appointment for curbside filing or for information on filing online. Filing closes at 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 2.
Absentee voting for the Primary Election begins on Friday, June 26. You may vote in-person absentee at Ramsey City Hall or at Anoka County Elections from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. City Hall will also be open to accommodate absentee voting on Saturday, August 8, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 10. You may request to vote absentee by mail at any time prior to this date as well. Contact the City of Ramsey at 763-427-1410 or Anoka County Elections at 763-324-1300 and an application for absentee voting will be mailed to you.
The Primary Election is scheduled for Tuesday, August 11, 2020. All polling locations within the City of Ramsey will be open for voting from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Candidates Filed for Office - 2020
- Councilmember Ward 4 Filing: Debra Musgrove
- Councilmember Ward 2 Filing: Brian Walker
- Mayor Filing: Michael Olson
- View the results of the Presidential Nomination Primary (2020)
- View the results of the Ward 3 Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the Councilmember At-Large Special Election (2019)
- View the results of the 2018 General Election.
Eligibility to Hold Office
Candidates for public office must:
- be an eligible voter
- have no other affidavit on file as a candidate for any office in the same election
- be 21 years of age or more by time of assuming office
- have maintained residency in the City for 30 days before the election
Number of Households Per Ward
Campaign Finance Reporting
Pursuant to Minnesota Statutes 211A.02, Subd. 6, Campaign Finance Reports will be posted within thirty (30) days of the receipt of the report and will remain available for four (4) years after the posting date.